|Name of teaching resource:
|Weblink (if web based)
(as this is a log-in website, I have attached screenshots of the specific pages I used).
|Who should this digital teaching resource be used with? (ie year/grade)
|How should it be used? (e.g. individual, whole class)
Reading Eggs is most effectively used individually, as it has varying levels of difficulty. The site is highly interactive and requires the child to respond to the program in order to progress through the stages of learning. In a group learning environment, students would not have the ability to set the pace for their learning.
|Which subject or learning area would it be most appropriate to use in?
|Identify the strengths of this teaching resource
· Students are able to progress through stages at their own pace
· Interactive site, allowing students to be actively involved
· Positive reinforcement- visually and verbally
· Vibrant site, engaging the students and making it a fun experience
· Highly repetitive, assisting students with retaining what they have learnt
· Students are able to see their improvement as they progress through the stages, engaging their motivation and is also positive reinforcement.
· Highlights strengths and weaknesses
· Easy navigation
|Identify any weaknesses of this teaching resource
· Requires payment to use the site
· Restricted to individual use
· Need internet access
|Explain any ideas you may have for further use of this teaching resource
Reading Eggs may also be used for Mathematics and Spelling, as the site has separate learning areas. The resource may also be used at home, allowing students to progress further with their reading abilities. However, this is dependent upon internet access and Reading Eggs site fees.